NEMSA Alameda County members ratify their NEMSA negotiated contract by more than 95%. The NEMSA negotiated contract improves on the already rich "Core" CBA and sets up ALCO as having the best private EMS contract in the USA!
After the transition from AMR to Paramedics Plus and the threat of other unions coming and destroying years of NEMSA won contract benefits, Alameda County EMS Professionals stood together in unity and told Paramedics Plus that they were a force to be reckoned with. Unifying under the NEMSA banner, Alameda County members went from a divided workforce to a unified group that demanded to be treated fairly and with respect. Unified members kept up the pressure on Paramedics Plus to improve on the NEMSA "core" contract. The result was the remarkable NEMSA Alameda County contract, the single best private EMS labor agreement in the USA. NEMSA is happy to announce that the contract was ratified by more than 95% of NEMSA Alameda County members.
"I have worked as a paramedic in Alameda County for over 28 years. I am proud to represent my fellow employees as a shop steward for NEMSA. We have come together to unite against an employer that was not willing to recognize our union, or do the right things for its employees. Working together, we have improved our working conditions, and secured what is believed to be the best private EMS labor contract in the nation. Workers need protection. NEMSA provides that for us." - Mike Dutra, Alameda County Paramedic
"While other EMS providers in our area are in disarray and taking pay cuts, NEMSA just negotiated us an awesome contract with numerous benefits, including no pay cuts!" - Gary Breazeale, Alameda County EMT
The Contract includes:
- Retention of existing contractual language and benefits while achieving new and improved wages, benefits, and working conditions.
- A 15 Step Seniority Based Pay Scale with 4% pay increases between each step.
- A New Top Step On The Wage Scale and Two Additional Steps To Assist With Longevity Pay
- Top Step and Red Circled Employees Continue To Receive 4% Payments Yearly And Are Not Frozen On The Wage Scale Any Longer.
- No Freeze or Elimination Of Wage Steps (This is commonly occuring throughout the contracts that have wage steps as a result of the down economy).
- All Existing Health Care Plans Retained
- Insurance Monthly Premium Split Remains Unchanged. For Most Employees - 90% Employer / 10% Employee Cost Share.
- Vision Insurance Coverage Cost Share - 75% Employer / 25% Employee
- Annual Employer Seeded $750 FSA Cards For All Non HSA Plans, Including Kaiser Plans.
- Annual Employer Seeded HSA Funding Equal To $2000 For Plus One And Family Coverage And $1000 For Single Coverage.
- Improvements To PTO Use, Uniform, Appearance, and Attendence Policies
- Additional 1/2 Paid Holiday For Christmas Eve
- And Much Much More!
Alameda county members joined under the NEMSA banner and were able to achieve a contract that sets new industry standards. Their workforce unified and worked together to accomplish great things. What can NEMSA do for you? Join NEMSA and find out!